Andrea C. Gregg, DSN, BSN, RN
University of Florida
653 West 8th Street, Bldg. 1, 3rd Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Dr. Gregg currently teaches graduate courses in Health Policy & Finance, and Ethics Both are Web-based courses.
Dr. Gregg is currently not engaged in research, but has particular interests in research related to nursing workforce issues.
Dr. Gregg has served as an elected officer on a variety of professional and community boards, including a governor-appointed member (and elected Chair) of the Florida Center for Nursing Board of Directors and was appointed by the Florida Surgeon General to serve on the Nursing Workforce Ad Hoc Advisory Committee in 2008-09. She is immediate Past-President of the Florida Nurses Association, immediate past Chair of the American Nurses Association’s (ANA) Constituent Assembly, was recently elected to a two-year term (2012-2014) as Director-at-Large on the ANA Board of Directors and elected to the American Nurses Association’s Board of Directors (2012-2016).
Clinical practice area/expertise
Dr. Gregg’s area of expertise is nursing administration and health policy.
Professor Gregg received her BSN in Nursing at Armstrong State College. She received her MSN in Adult Nursing/Education at Medical College of Georgia and her DSN in Nursing Administration at the University of Alabama.
- Gregg, A. C and Lutz, B. J. (September, 2006). Population health: A marker of sustainability. In S. S. Mulkey (Ed.), Towards a sustainable Florida: A review of environmental, social and economic concepts for sustainable development in Florida, pp. 62-68. White paper prepared by the University of Florida for The Century Commission for a Sustainable Florida.
- Gregg, A.C. & Brunell, M. L. (2003, January). Nursing Supply & Demand in Florida: Analysis of Nursing Licensure Data Recommendations. Government Report from Florida Center for Nursing.
- Gregg, A.C. (2002). Performance management data systems for nursing service organizations. JONA, 2(2): 71-8. URL: http://www.cinahl.com/cgi-bin/refsvc?jid=217
- Gregg, A.C., & Williams, M.D. (2001). Contractual issues for faculty practice. JOPN, 17(4): 173-179. URL: http://www.cinahl.com/cgi-bin/refsvc?jid=410
- Gregg, A.C., DeHaven, M., Meires, J., Kane, A., & Gullison, G. (2001). Perspectives on adherence to recommended health behavior among low-income patients. Health Promotion Practice, 2(2): 162-171. URL: http://www.cinahl.com/cgi-bin/refsvc?jid=1786