Bryan A. Weber, PhD, ARNP
University of Florida
PO Box 100187
Gainesville, FL 32610-0187
Dr. Weber teaches in adult health, aging, theory and research and ethics.
Dr. Weber is an active researcher with interests in psychosocial interventions aimed at improving the emotional reaction to disease and its treatment for men and women who survive negative life altering events. To date he has carried out studies on men with prostate cancer, and men and women with head and neck cancers. His work is featured on the National Institutes of Health Research Tested Interventions web site (http://rtips.cancer.gov/rtips/index.do).
Dr. Weber served as the President of the College of Nursing faculty governance organization from 2009 – 2011. He is a reviewer for several nursing and national and international multi-disciplinary scientific journals.
Dr. Weber is a family nurse practitioner.
Dr. Weber received his BS in Nursing at York College of Pennsylvania. He received his MSN in Family Nursing and his PhD in Nursing at Case Western Reserve University.
- Roberts, B. L., Dolansky, M. A., & Weber, B. A. (2010) Psychometrics of the Task Self-Efficacy Scale for Daily Activities. Research Theory and Nursing Practice, 24 (2), 113-27.
- Weber, B. A., Yoon, S., Derrico, D., & Sherwill-Navarro, P. (2009). Educating patients to evaluate web-based health care information: The GATOR approach to healthy surfing. Journal of Clinical Nursing.
- Weber, B. A., Roberts, B. L., Mills, T. L., Chumbler, N. R., & Algood, C. B. (2008). Physical and Emotional Predictors of Depression after Radical Prostatectomy. American Journal of Mens Health, 2, 165 – 171.
- Roberts, B. L., Dolansky, M. A., & Weber, B. A. (in-press) Psychometrics of the Task Self-Efficacy Scale for Daily Activities. Research Theory and Nursing Practice.
- Weber, B. A., Roberts, B. L., Chumbler, N. R., Mills, T. L., & Algood, C. B. (2007). Urinary, Sexual, and Bowel Dysfunction and Bother After Radical Prostatectomy. Urologic Nursing, 27, 527-533.
- Weber, B. A., Roberts, B. L., Yarandi, H, Mills, T. L., Chumbler, N., & Algood, C. (2007). Dyadic Support and Quality of Life after Radical Prostatectomy. Journal of Mens Health & Gender, 4, 156-164.
- Weber, B. A., Roberts, B. L., Yarandi, H., Mills, T., Chumbler, N., & Wajsman, Z. (2007). The impact of dyadic social support on self-efficacy and depression after radical prostatectomy. Journal of Aging & Health, 19, 630 – 645.
- Weber, B. A., Yarandi, H., Rowe, M., & Weber, J. P. (2005) A Comparison Study: Web-based Versus Paper-based Data Collection and Management. Applied Nursing Research, 18, 182-185.
- Weber, B. A. & Sherwill, P. (2005). Psychosocial Consequences of Prostate Cancer: 30 Years of Research. Geriatric Nursing, 26, 166-175.
- Weber, B. A., Roberts, B. L., Resnick, M., Deimling, G., Zausniewski, J., Musil, C., & Yarrandi, H. (2004). The effect of dyadic intervention on self-efficacy, social support, and depression for men with prostate cancer. Psycho-Oncology 13, 47 – 60.
- Weber, B. A. & Roberts, B. L. (2000). Data collection using handheld computers. Nursing Research, 49, 173 – 175.
- Weber, B. A., Roberts, B. L., & McDougall, G. J., Jr. (2000). Exploring the efficacy of support groups for men with prostate cancer. Geriatric Nursing, 21, 250 – 253.
- McDougall, G. J., Jr., Weber, B. A., Dziuk, T., & Heneghan, R. (2000). The controversy of prostate screening. Geriatric Nursing, 21, 245 – 249.