The College of Nursing at the University of Florida has an active faculty governance system which promotes mutual involvement of the Faculty and administration in planning, implementing, and evaluating all college programs. The Faculty Organization, as a part of the total University, functions within the framework outlined in the rules of the University in the Florida Administrative Code and the University of Florida Constitution.
Among its other duties:
- Recommend policy to the Dean of the College. The Faculty has a major responsibility to formulate policy recommendations in all academic matters.
- Facilitate the orderly accomplishment of the College of Nursing mission.
- Debate and deliberate issues related to nursing and health care.
- Review curricula and promotion and tenure procedures.
The Faculty Organization is comprised of different representative committees for various areas of the College. The chairs of these comittees then form the Faculty Leadership Council. This Leadership Council has a variety of duties including, but not limited to, monitoring and coordinating progress of committees in relation to the Mission and Goals of the College; recommend ing policies to the Dean and/or Administrative Council; receiving, considering, referring and approving matters submitted in writing to the Council including recommendations from Standing Committees, Special Committees, or individual faculty members.
The 2015-2016 Faculty Leadership Council
- Pam Pieper- President, Faculty Organization
- Charlene Krueger – President-Elect, Faculty Organization
- David Derrico – Chair, Academic Affairs Committee
- Ann Horgas – Chair, Faculty Affairs Committee
- Brian Ahn – Chair, Research and Scholarship Committee
- Debra Lyon – Executive Associate Dean, Administrative Liaison to Council
To access the full current Faculty Organization Bylaws, click here