Jane Gannon, DNP, CNM, CNL
University of Florida
653 West 8th Street, Bldg. 1, 3rd Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Dr. Gannon is the Clinical Track Coordinator for the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) track, and teaches a number of CNL related courses. She also teaches Advanced Health Assessment for both CNL and advanced practice nursing students, and Primary Care and other courses in the Nurse-Midwifery track. She provides maternal-child obstetric clinical experiences for all undergraduate students using high fidelity simulations.
Dr. Gannon is a member of the Academic Affairs Committee 2015-17 at the College of Nursing, and is a member of the University of Florida Committee on Committees. She also chairs the Northeast Region of the Florida Healthcare Simulation Alliance.
Dr. Gannon is currently an item writer for the national CNL certification exam, administered by the Commission on Nurse Certification, an autonomous arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
Clinical practice area/expertise
Dr. Gannon is currently practicing at Shands Jacksonville in the Care Center for Women. Her clinical interests are in measuring and evaluating patient oriented outcomes of care.
Dr. Gannon received her BN in Nursing at Dalhousie University. She received her MSN in Nursing/Midwifery at the University of Miami and her DNP from Rush University in Chicago, Illinois.
- Stanley, J., Gannon, J., Gabuat, J., Hartranft, S., Adams, N., Mayes, C., Shouse, G.M., Edwards, B.A., & Burch, D. (2008). The Clinical nurse leader: a catalyst for improving quality and patient safety. Journal of Nursing Management, 16(5), 614-622.
- Gannon, J.M. (1999). Uterine bleeding and menstruation disorders. In J. Singleton, R. DiGregorio, S. Holzemer, C. Green-Hernandez, T. Horvath, & S. Sandowski (Eds.), Primary Care (pp. 766-775). Pennsylvania: Lippincott-Raven.
- Magrane, D.M., Gannon, J.M., & Miller, C.T. (1996). Student doctors and women in labor: Attitudes and expectations. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 88(2), 298-302.
- Magrane, D.M., Gannon, J.M., & Miller, C.T. (1994). Obstetric patients who select and those who refuse medical students’ participation in their care. Academic Medicine, 69(12), 1004-06.
- Gannon, J.M. (1992). Delivery on the hands and knees: A case study approach. Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 37(1), 48-52.