Jeanne-Marie R Stacciarini, PhD, RN
Dr. Stacciarini teaches undergraduate Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing and Nursing Research for undergraduate and graduate students. She also has experience teaching undergraduate and graduate students in Brazil.
Dr. Stacciarini research interests are in the area of mental health promotion among minorities, community-based participatory research for minorities and international population.
Dr. Stacciarini holds membership in the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau and the Southern Nursing Research Society.
Area of expertise
Dr. Stacciarini has clinical expertise in Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health.
Dr. Stacciarini received her BSN in Nursing at the Catholic University of Goiás (Brazil). She received her master in Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health at the University of São Paulo/ College of Nursing Ribeirão Preto and her PhD in Psychology at the University of Brasilia (Brazil). During her PhD she received a Fulbright Scholarship and came to the US as a visitor scholar at the Psychology department/University of Massachusetts.
- Stacciarini, J.M. R. et al. (submitted). CBPR: Building Partnerships with Latinos in Rural Area for a Wellness Approach to Mental Health. Community Mental Health Journal.
- Kneipp, S. M., Kairalla, J. Stacciarini, J. M. R. & Pereira, D. (2010). A comparison of depressive symptom severity scores using the BDI-II and the PHQ-9 in low-income women. Nursing Research, 59, 6, 372-379.
- Stacciarini, J. M. R., Shattell, M.M., Madden, M.C., & Wiens, B.A. (2010). Review: Community-based participatory research approach to address mental health in minority populations.
Stacciarini, J. M. R. (2009). A Review of Community-Based Participatory Research: A Promising Approach to Address Depression Among Latinos? Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 30, 12, 751-757.
- Kneipp, S.M., Kairalla, J., Stacciarini, J. M. R., & Pereira, D. )2009). Validity of the Beck Depression Inventory-II using exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis among low-income women enrolled in a welfare transition program. Nursing Research, 58, 6, 400-409.
- Stacciarini, J. M. R. (2008). Focus Group: Examining a community-based group intervention for depressed Puerto Rican women. Issues in Mental Heath Nursing, 29, 679-700.
- Stacciarini, J. M. R., Okeeffe, M. & Mathews, M. (2007). Group therapy as treatment for depressed Latino women: a review of the literature. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 28, 473-488.
- Stacciarini, J. M. R. (submitted). Focus Group: Cultural Appropriateness of Therapeutic Exercises for a Group Intervention with Depressed Puerto Rican Women. Journal of Transcultural Nursing
- Stacciarini, J. M. R., Okeeffe, M. & Mathews, M. (accept for publication). Group Therapy as Treatment for Depressed Latino Women: A Review of the Literature. Issues in Mental Health Nursing.
Stacciarini, J. M. R. & Tróccoli, B. T. (2004) Ocupational Stress and Constructive Thinking: health and job satisfaction. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 46(5), 480-487.
- Cunningham, H. Stacciarini, J. M. R. & Towle, S. (2004). Strategies to Promote Success on the NCLEX-RN for Students with English as a Second Language. Nurse Educator, V19, N1, pp15-19.
- Jacelon, C. S, Zucker, D. M. Stacciarini, J.M.R. & Henneman, E. A (2003) . Peer Mentoring for Tenure-Track Faculty. Journal of Professional Nursing, V19, N6 (November-December), pp335-338.
- Stacciarini, J. M. R. (2002). Experiencing Cultural Differences: Reflections on Cultural Diversity. Journal of Professional Nursing, 18 (6) 346-349.
- Esperidião, E., Munari, D. & Stacciarini, J.M. (2002). Desenvolvendo pessoas: estratégias didáticas facilitadoras para o auto conhecimento na formação do enfermeiro. [Developing People: didatic statregies to promote self knowledge in the nursing education] Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem 10 (4): 516-22.