Laurie Duckworth, PhD, ARNP
Clinical Associate Professor and UF Health Shands Director of Clinical Research
University of Florida
P.O. Box 100187
Gainesville, FL 32610-0187
Dr. Duckworth teaches Inquiry and Evidence in Professional Nursing Practice.
Dr. Duckworth is the PI in research involving the study of weight change and asthma control in asthmatic children following adenotonsillectomy.
Area of expertise
Dr. Duckworth’s area of expertise includes asthma, Sickle Cell Disease and genetic epidemiology.
Dr. Duckworth received a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Florida State University in 1983. She earned a Master of Science in Nursing degree from the University of Florida in 2003. She was an NIH Fellow in the National Institutes of Nursing Research at Georgetown University in 2004. Dr. Duckworth also earned her PhD degree from the University of Florida College of Nursing.
- Josephson, GD, Duckworth, LD, Hossain, J. (2010) Proposed Definitive Grading System For the Assessment of Adenoid Hyperplasia. Laryngoscope. 2011 Jan;121(1):187-93
- Sullivan KJ, Kissoon N, Duckworth L, Sandler E, Murphy S, Brown, M. Effect of oral arginine supplementation on expired nitric oxide concentrations in patients with sickle cell anemia and history of acute chest syndrome. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2010 Oct;32(7):e249-58.
- Duckworth, L, Hsu, L, Feng, H, Wang, J, Sylvester, J E, Kissoon, L, Sandler, E, Lima, JJ. (2007) Physician-diagnosed asthma and acute chest syndrome: Associations with NOS Polymorphisms. Pediatric Pulmonology 42:4, 332
- Lima JJ, Feng H, Duckworth L, Wang J, Sylvester JE, Kissoon N, Garg H. Association analyses of adrenergic receptor polymorphisms with obesity and metabolic alterations. Metabolism. 2007 Jun;56(6):757-65
- Kissoon N, Duckworth LJ, Blake KV, Murphy SP, Lima JJ. Effect of beta2-agonist treatment and spirometry on exhaled nitric oxide in healthy children and children with asthma. Pediatric Pulmonol 2002; 34(3):203-8
- Kissoon N, Duckworth LJ, Blake KV, Murphy SP, Taylor CL, DeNicola LR, Silkoff PE. Exhaled nitric oxide concentrations: online versus offline values in healthy children. Pediatr Pulmonol 2002;33:283-292