Leslie Parker, PhD, ARNP (NNP-BC)
University of Florida
PO Box 100187
Gainesville, FL 32610-0187
Dr. Parker teaches in the neonatal nurse practitioner program.
Dr. Parker’s research involves Neonatal nutrition with an emphasis on breastfeeding the very low birth infant.
She is a neonatal nurse practitioner in the Neonatal Intensive Care Department at Shands at the University of Florida.
Clinical practice area/expertise
Dr. Parker is board certified as a neonatal nurse practitioner by the National Certification Corporation
Dr. Parker received both her BSN and MSN from the University of Florida and her PhD from the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Parker, L.A., Sullivan, S., Krueger, C., Kelechi, T., & Mueller, M.M. (2012). Effect of Early Breast Milk Expression on Milk Volume and Timing of Lactogenesis Stage II Among Mothers of Very Low Birth Weight Infants: A Pilot Study. Journal of Perinatology. 32(3):205-9
- Parker, L.A., Krueger, C., Sullivan, S., Kelechi, T., and Mueller, M. (2012). Effect of breast milk on hospital costs and length of stay among very low birth weight infants in the NICU. Advances in Neonatal Care. 12(4):254-9
- Powell, T.L. Parker, L.A. , Dedrick, C.F., Barrera, C.M., Di Salvo, D., Erdman, F., Huff, S.P., Saunders, M. (2012). Ethics Decisions and Dilemmas Related to Resuscitation of Infants Born on the Verge of Viability. Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews. 12(1). 27-32
- Parker, L.A. (2012). Current controversies in neonatal care. Newborn and Infan Nursing Reviews. 12(1). 21-26.
- Parker, L.A. (2010). Neonatal nurse practitioners in interdisciplinary care of high-risk infants. NeoReviews. 11(1), e24.
- Krueger, C., Parker, Chiu, S.H., & Theriaque, D. (2010). Maternal voice and short-term outcomes in Preterm infants. Dev Psychobiol, 52(2), 205-212.
- Krueger, C., Chiu, S., & Parker, L., (2007). Neonatal intensive care sound levels before and after structural reconstruction. American Journal of Maternal Child Nursing. 32(6), 358-262
- Parker, L.A., (2006). Part II birth trauma injuries to the intraabdominal organs, peripheral nerves and skeletal system. Advances in Neonatal Care. 6(1), 288-297. 7-14.
- Parker, L.A., (2005). Part I early recognition and treatment of birth trauma injuries to the head and face. Advances in Neonatal Care. 5(6), 288-297.
- Krueger, C., Wall, S., Parker, L., & Nealis, R. (2005). Elevated sound levels within a busy NICU. Neonatal Network. 24(6), 33-37