Michael D. Bumbach, PhD, ARNP
Clinical Assistant Professor
PO Box 100187
Gainesville, FL 32610-0187
Dr. Bumbach teaches both undergraduate and graduate nursing courses including health assessment, pathophysiology/pharmacology and advanced health assessment and courses in the family nurse practitioner track.
Dr. Bumbach served in clinical roles as a family NP in Ocala and in clinical locations in South Carolina. He is a certified medical examiner with the Department of Transportation.
Area of expertise
Nurse Practitioner (NP) workforce issues, NP satisfaction, gender differences in healthcare both in workforce and patient experience. Also, interested in men’s health and their use of healthcare systems
Dr. Bumbach received his PhD in nursing science from UF, his master’s degree in nursing as a family nurse practitioner and bachelor’s degrees in nursing from Johns Hopkins.
- Bejleri, I., Steiner, R., Neff, D., Harman, J., Lutz, B., Yoon, S., & Bumbach, M. (2015). Informing Planning to Address Healthcare Disparities: Assessing Spatial Accessibility to Health Care Using GIS Analysis. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning (CUPUM), Boston, MA.
- Bumbach, M., & Harman, J. (2014, August). The state of the state: Florida nurse practitioners. Paper presented at the 11th annual Florida Nurse Practitioner Network (FNPN), Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- Bumbach, M. D., Lutz, B. J., Harman, J., Bejleri, I., Steiner, R., Yoon, S. H., . . . Neff, D. F. (2016, February 24-27). Nurse practitioner experiences across varied state practice regulatory environments. Paper presented at the Southern Nursing Research Society (SNRS), 30th Annual Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Bumbach, M. D., Neff, D., Harman, J., Ilir, B., Steiner, R., Lutz, B., & Yoon, S. H. (2015, February 28). Nurse practitioner job satisfaction and barriers to practice. Paper presented at the Southeastern Nursing Research Society (SNRS), Tampa, FL.
- Bumbach, M. D., & Weber, B. A. (2014, April). Nurse Practitioner job satisfaction: A systematic review. Paper presented at the 11th Annual Research and Scholarship Day & Malasanos Lectureship, University of Florida, College of Nursing, Gainesville, FL.
- Neff, D. F., Harman, J., Bejleri, I., Steiner, R., Bumbach, M., Yoon, S., & Lutz, B. J. (2014). Nurse practitioner geographic distribution and scope of practice in medically underserved areas in the US. Paper presented at the AcademyHealth 2014 Annual Research Meeting (ARM), San Diego Convention Center, CA.
- Neff, D. F., Harman, J., Bejleri, I., Steiner, R., Bumbach, M. D., S.H., Y., & Lutz, B. J. (2015, February). Informing Policy to Maximize Use of Advance Practice Registered Nurses in Underserved Areas: National Study. Paper presented at the 29th Annual Southern Nursing Research Conference, Tampa, Florida.
- Steiner, R., Bejleri, I., Neff, D., Harman, J., Lutz, B., Yoon, S., & Bumbach, M. (2015, July). Examining unequal distribution of primary care providers: Comparing healthcare disparity among urban and rural Florida. Paper presented at the International Conference on Transport & Health, London, UK.
- Steiner, R., Bejleri, I., Neff, D., Harman, J., Lutz, B., Yoon, S., & Bumbach, M. (2015). A76 Inequalities in the distribution of primary care providers: Comparing healthcare disparity among urban and rural Floridian. Journal of Transport & Health, 2(2, Supplement), S44-S45. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jth.2015.04.564