Sandra Wolfe Citty, PhD, RN, ARNP-BC
Clinical Associate Professor
University of Florida
PO Box 100187
Gainesville, FL 32610-0187
Undergraduate and graduate nursing courses.
Dr. Citty’s research has focused on methods to improve nursing care and patient outcomes; specifically focusing on evidence based nursing practices and systems redesign strategies to improve patient care. Dr. Citty’s doctoral dissertation focused on an innovative use of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in hypertensive patients to determine if they could become more aware of their blood pressure patterns.
Full-text available at: http://purl.fcla.edu/fcla/etd/UFE0000663
Accelerated BSN admission review committee member, 2014-present
University of Florida College of Nursing Faculty Affairs Committee (FAC), 2012-present
Westside Samaritan’s Clinic, ARNP volunteer, 2014-present
UF College of Nursing FAC. Chair, CON Teaching Award Committee, 2012-present
University of Florida College of Nursing Faculty Practice Committee, 2010-present
N. Florida/S. Georgia VAMC VA RN Residency Advisory Committee, 2010-present
Shands Hospital Nursing Education Council 2010-present
N. Florida/ S. Georgia VAMC Diabetic Management Team 2009-2011
N. Florida/S. Georgia VAMC Skin and Wound Team 2008-2009
North Florida Regional Medical Center Skin and Wound Team 2007
North Florida Regional Medical Center Policy and Procedure Committee 2006-2007
External Affairs and Resources Committee 2005-2007, 2007-2009
UF Commencement – Marshall 2003-2005, 2007, 2010-2012
UF College of Nursing Commencement – Marshall 2010-2012
DNP Task Force 2004-2005
UF College of Nursing BSN New Curriculum Planning (Ad Hoc) committee, 2010-2011
Junior League Gainesville, member 2011-present
Junior League Gainesville, Board Member, 2012-2013
Creekside Community Church, member & youth teacher, 2001-2012
Area of expertise
Acute care medical-surgical nursing practice; family nurse practitioner specializing in adult patients, undergraduate and graduate-level clinical teaching.
University of Miami – BSN (1995); University of Miami – MSN (1998); University of Florida – PhD (2003)
- Citty, S., Chappell, J., & Zumberg, L. (2014). Improving Insulin Administration through Redesigning Processes of Care: A Multidisciplinary Team Approach. Journal of Patient Safety (in press).
- Mosby Nursing Skills (2014). Skill: Caps, Masks, & Protective Eyewear. Review and revision of skill guideline. March, 2014.
- Citty, S. Janousky Janelle, H., & Powell, K. (2013). Strategies to Transform the Nursing Work Environment and Enhance Interdisciplinary Collaboration in a Bone Marrow Transplant Unit. Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society Creating Healthy Work Environments Conference, April 12-14, 2013. Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Citty, S. (2011). Empowering nurses to improve patient nutrition. Nursing2011, 41(11), 51 – 53.
- Rittman, M., Hinze, M., Citty, S., Chappell, J., & Anderson, C. (2009). The VANA Embedded Clinical Education Model. Nurse Educator (July-August, 2010).
- Citty, S.W. and Yucha, C.B. (2003). ABPM-biosituational feedback and systolic blood pressure estimation. Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, (28), 4.
- Citty, S.W. (2003). Ambulatory Blood Pressure Biostiuational Feedback and Systolic Blood Pressure Estimation. PhD. Dissertation, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
- Yoon, S., Wolfe, S., Yucha, C., & Tsai, P. (2002). Research support for doctoral-granting colleges/schools of nursing. Journal of Professional Nursing,(18),1, 16-21.