Resources for Undergraduate Students
Both the University and the College offer opportunities for undergraduate students interested in exploring the world of nursing research. The Office for Research Support also makes a number of resources available to the College’s undergraduate researchers.
- College of Nursing Honors Program: The Honors Program is open to senior nursing students who have exhibited exceptional academic ability. It provides unique and challenging opportunities in research, service projects, and other creative endeavors.
- University Scholars Program: The University Scholars Program introduces undergraduate students to the exciting world of academic research. In the program, students work one-on-one with UF faculty on selected research projects.
- College of Nursing Guidelines for the University Scholars Program: This link provides a description of the program along with eligibility requirements, application procedures, and a list of participating faculty members.
- Student Research Achievement Awards (TBA)
Services and Resources
General Writing Help:
- The University Writing Program (UWP) offers free individual assistance to undergraduate and graduate UF students who wish to develop their writing skills as well as better understand the writing process. Students of all levels and disciplines are welcome: http://writing.ufl.edu/writing-center/
- Faculty can also arrange for the UWP to visit a classroom to increase student awareness of the free reading and writing assistance that UF offers: http://teachingcenter.ufl.edu/rwcenter/faculty/classroom_visit.html
- The UF Teaching Center offers free assistance in study skills as well as test preparation for college classes and standardized tests such as the SAT, GRE , and GMAT: http://www.teachingcenter.ufl.edu/index.html
Assistance for Advanced Written and Oral Communication Skills
- The UF Dial Center for Written and Oral Communication offers advanced writing help (e.g. research proposals, journal articles, dissertations, STM—scientific, technical, and medical—publishing) via fee-based workshops for faculty and students. It is important to note that these workshops may be hosted by a college: http://web.cwoc.ufl.edu/cwocsite/writingworkshops.htm
- The Dial Center also offers free help for students and faculty who wish to hone their public speaking and presentation skills: http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/swebster/labindex.htm
Assistance for ESL Students
- The University Writing Program (UWP) offers free, individual tutoring for ESL students who wish to improve their writing skills: http://writing.ufl.edu/writing-center/for-students/esl-assistance/
- The Language Learning Center on campus offers free language-learning multimedia in their lab: http://www.clas.ufl.edu/llc/
- The Center for Academic Spoken English offers fee-based courses in oral English Language skills: http://ase.ufl.edu/ Tutors may also be available for a fee.
- The English Language Institute at UF offers fee-based, English language courses aimed to improve academic reading, writing, and spoken English skills.http://www.eli.ufl.edu/ (Tutors may also be available for a fee.)
- The Alachua County Library offers free instruction in English language skills at various sites in Alachua County: http://www.aclib.us/services/literacy/programs/english-speakers-other-languages-esol-community-based