College of Nursing Seeking Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
The University of Florida College of Nursing is seeking its next Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs provides transformational leadership in the educational mission of the college. The Associate Dean leads faculty in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum. She/he is responsible for overseeing continuous improvement of the B.S.N., D.N.P. and Ph.D. programs in accordance with national, state, and University of Florida requirements. She/he represents the College of Nursing within the Health Science Center, the University, and in state and national arenas on matters related to the programs of instruction. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Associate Dean works closely with the college’s administrative team to provide coordinated leadership of the college.
Gator Nurses: CARE.LEAD.INSPIRE.
In the last year, the UF College of Nursing:
- Rose 20 places in National Institute of Health funding among U.S. schools of nursing, and is in the top 25 of public universities
- Achieved 10-year accreditation of the Doctor of Nursing Practice program
- Celebrated its 60th Anniversary
- Established the first cohort of EMBRACE program (Engaging Multiple-communities of BSN students in Research and Academic Curricular Experiences)
- Graduated its first cohort of Accelerated B.S.N. students in Jacksonville