Huggins named FNA Educator Icon

Shavondra Huggins

Shavondra Huggins, DNP, CNS, WHNP-BC, FNP-C, APRN, CNE, clinical assistant professor, has been selected to receive the 2021 Florida Nurses Association Nurse Educator Icon Award for exemplary leadership in a nurse educator role, and was nominated by Dr. Star Booker

All 2021 FNA Icon Award Recipients were recognized at the FNA Membership Assembly on Sept. 23-25. Recipients were recognized during the opening sessions each day and will have a place in the Virtual Awards Hall. Recipients will also be recognized in the November edition of The Florida Nurse.

In her nomination letter, Dr. Booker wrote: Upon first meeting Shavondra, I was blown away by her practice expertise and knowledge. But what impressed me, even more, was her willingness to share this knowledge with students to ensure their development into the next generation of competent, confident and compassionate nurse clinicians and leaders. Shavondra is more than student-centered, she is ‘student-ready’… always available to her students!”

“I must agree with the FNA by saying “receiving a peer recognition award is one of the highest professional honors.” To be nominated by such a prestigious peer was a mind-blowing honor! For the FNA to select me among many other deserving nurse educators in Florida reminds me of my purpose and that I am appreciated.” – Dr. Huggins