Anna M. McDaniel, PhD, RN, FAAN
Dean and Linda Harman Aiken Professor, UF College of Nursing
Associate Vice President, Academic-Practice
Partnerships, UF Health Shands
University of Florida
PO Box 100197
Gainesville, FL 32610-0197
Dean McDaniel’s teaching responsibilities focus on mentoring graduate students in research and evidence-based practice projects.
Dr. McDaniel’s research has been characterized by the innovative use of information technology to enhance decision-making by clinicians and to promote positive health behaviors in consumers. Her history of funded research focuses on cancer control, from prevention (tobacco prevention and cessation) through survivorship (symptom management).
In addition to her leadership as the Associate Vice-President for Academic-Practice Partnership at UFHealth Shands Hospital, Dean McDaniel serves as the chair of the Florida Association of Colleges of Nursing, as a reviewer for professional journals and scientific meetings, and as ad hoc member of NIH review panels in her areas of research expertise.
Area of Expertise
- Nursing leadership and administration
- Health Informatics
- Tobacco prevention and cessation
- Cancer prevention and control
- Translational research
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Medical Informatics, Indiana University, 2000
- PhD, Nursing, Indiana University, 1991
- MA, Nursing, Ball State University, 1981
- BS, Nursing, Ball State University, 1974
- McDaniel, A.M., Vickerman, K.A., Stump, T.E., Monahan, P.O., Fellows, J.L., Weaver, M.T., Carlini, B.H., Champion, V.C. Zbikowski, S.M. (under review). A randomized controlled trial to prevent smoking relapse among recently quit smokers enrolled in employer and health plan sponsored quitlines.
- Pryse Y*, McDaniel AM. (2014). Psychometric analysis of two new scales: The Evidence-Based Practice Nursing Leadership and Work Environment Scales. Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. DOI: 10.1111/wvn.12045.
- Carney T.J., Morgan G.P., Jones J., McDaniel A.M., Weaver M, Weiner B, Haggstrom DA. (2014). Using computational modeling to assess the impact of clinical decision support on cancer screening improvement strategies within the community health centers. J Biomed Inform. 18. pii: S1532-0464(14)00136-1. DOI: 10.1016/j.jbi.2014.05.012.
- Shirey, M.R., Ebright, P.R., & McDaniel, A.M. (2012). Nurse manager cognitive decision-making amidst stress and work. Journal of Nursing Management. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2834.2012.01380.x
- Carlini, B.H., McDaniel, A.M., Weaver, M.T., Kauffman, R.M., Cerutti, B., Stratton, R.M., Zbikowski, S.M. (2012).Reaching out, inviting back: Using Interactive Voice Response (IVR) technology to re-cycle relapsed smokers back to Quitline treatment – a randomized controlled trial. BMC Public Health, 12:507 doi:10.1186/1471-2458-12-507. Published online at: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/12/507