The University of Florida College of Nursing Staff Council shall exist to represent and advocate for staff within the College. In recognizing that staff is integral to the functioning of the college, its purpose is to promote positive and meaningful open dialogue between the staff, faculty, administrators and students and serve as a resource for staff inquiries and requests. It will also promote professional growth of staff within the mission of the college and adhere to these goals and objectives:
- To promote a positive and supportive working environment
- To provide a forum for on-going dialogue among staff and between staff, faculty and administration
- To provide a forum for communication of interests, concerns, and issues that affect staff, including an annual outlet to survey and determine staff employment satisfaction and feedback in conjunction with the strategic plan
- To promote programs that will enhance well-being and encourage the professional development of staff
- To promote leadership and advancement opportunities for staff
- To advise and make recommendations on existing and proposed policies and procedures of the UF CON that impact staff
Staff Council Executive Board
The Executive Board shall manage the mission and goals of the Staff Council. The Executive Board is the primary organizer of the Staff Council and communicates directly to the Dean and/or the Dean’s designee. The Executive Board shall consist of the Officers and represent the UF CON Staff Council.
- The Executive Board shall set the agenda for Staff Council general sessions to be held quarterly.
- Monitor and augment the progress of issues submitted by any member of the Staff Council.
- Maintain confidentiality of all submissions.
- Recommend action to the Staff Council.
- Increase the visibility and enhance the viability of the Staff Council.
2023-2025 Executive Board Officers
- Kianna Barnett
- Kelly Reid
- Dawn Alexander
- Kyle Chambers
- Jennifer Davis
- Anna Larson
- Michelle Aragon
Send an employee kudos
Take a moment to ask yourself; “Has a staff member in the College of Nursing….”
- Made a special effort to go out of their way to help you?
- Taken the time to help make your day a little less stressful?
- Done something which was above and beyond their normal duties?
If the answer to any of those questions is YES, please take a moment to recognize them for their efforts by submitting a Staff Kudos recognition form. The employee and their supervisor will both receive a copy of your submission.