Tina D’Alessandro, PhD, APRN
Clinical Assistant Professor
653 West 8th Street
Building 1, 3rd Floor, UF College of Nursing
Jacksonville, FL 32209-6511
Telephone: (904) 244-5175
Fax: (904) 244-3246
Dr. D’Alessandro teaches in the Accelerated BSN and DNP programs providing clinical supervision for the undergraduate students in their pediatric and psychiatric rotations and clinical supervision for DNP students in both the family and psychiatric tracks. DNP courses include psychopharmacology, psychiatric clinical practicum supervision, and individual and group therapy.
Scholarly interests include innovative teaching methods for online teaching, autism, anxiety and depression in children/adolescents and promoting nursing practice (both for BSN prepared nurses and advanced practice nurses) to its full scope
She is a volunteer psychiatric provider in Jacksonville, Florida, at Mission House which serves the homeless and uninsured population. I also serve on the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Board. This organization is committed to “being there,” for families with children battling childhood cancer. I am a visiting fellow at Edgewood College in Madison, Wisconsin and have accompanied nursing students to Cambodia on four occassions for international nursing experiences.
Area of Expertise
Pediatrics and Psychiatry
- PhD, Nursing with minor in Clinical Health Psychology – December 2012, University of Florida
- Post Masters: Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – December 2006, University of Florida
- Masters of Science in Nursing (Family Nurse Practitioner) – December 2000, University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – May 1983, Duke University
- D’Alessandro, T. (2009). Factors influencing the onset of childhood obsessive compulsive disorder. Pediatric Nursing. 35(1), 43-46.
- Elder, J.H. & D’Alessandro, T. (2009). Supporting families of children with autism spectrum disorders. Pediatric Nursing, 35(4), 240-253.
- Greco, P., D’Alessandro, T., Carrion, R., Bonetti, R., & Pitel, P. (2015). The GO project: An innovative and integrative approach to improving provider communication and teamwork. International Conference on Communication in Healthcare, New Orleans, LA