The RN to BSN track offered via UF Online is designed for registered nurses who have earned an Associates Degree in Nursing.
Nurses holding an active RN license and who are currently practicing are eligible to apply. This program takes their nursing degree to the next level and prepares graduates to:
- Enter professional positions in a variety of care settings with clients of all ages from diverse populations
- Advance to a graduate degree program in nursing
- RN to BSN Track Description: UF Online
All applicants must meet the following admission criteria for the University of Florida RN to BSN track:
University of Florida Transfer Admission Requirements: UF Transfer Admissions Requirements.
An Associated Degree in Nursing from an Accredited Program
A GPA of 2.8 or higher in all Associate of Science in Nursing Coursework (excluding undergraduate courses)
Active, Unencumbered Florida RN License
* To complete the BSN, students must meet all University of Florida and State of Florida General Education Course Requirements. Students admitted to the RN to BSN program without an A.A. degree or who do not meet the UF Transfer Admissions Requirements must complete General Education Courses in addition to the College of Nursing RN to BSN program coursework. At the conclusion of all education requirements, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree by the University of Florida.
**In order to be eligible for the RN to BSN program applicants must have completed an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree from an NLNAC or ACEN accredited program.
All applicants to the University of Florida College of Nursing RN to BSN program will be required to show proof of enrollment in and/or completion with an earned grade of C or higher in the following required prerequisite courses:
3 Credits of Social and Behavioral Science with prefix of PSY, SOP, or SYG
3 Credits of Physical or Biological Sciences with prefix of BSC, CHM, or PHY
Anatomy & Physiology One: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
Anatomy & Physiology Two: 4 Credits (Including a lab component)
Microbiology: 4 Credits (including a lab component)
Statistics: 3 Credits
Human Growth and Development or Developmental Psychology: 3 Credits
Human Nutrition: 3 Credits
Curriculum and Coursework
This fully online curriculum will provide you with the analytical and information-management skills to go further in your endeavors. With an elite UF degree, you will have the credentials to become an even greater leader in your field — delivering high-quality care to those who need it most
Ready to Apply
Students who meet the minimum criteria must complete the UF Online application prior to completing the College of Nursing application. Follow the steps below to successfully apply to the RN-BSN Program.
Step 1: Submit the University of Florida Online (UF Online) Application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any necessary test scores must be sent to the University of Florida in addition to the UF Online Application.
- Please refer to the UF Online website for more information.
Step 2: Submit the NursingCAS application for the University of Florida RN to BSN track.
- A statement of goals, two letters of reference and a CV or resume must be submitted with the NursingCAS application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended are submitted with the NursingCAS application.
- Please refer to the NursingCAS website for more information.
The University of Florida College of Nursing NursingCAS application for Spring 2020 is now closed.
*Please note: The UF Online application and the College of Nursing application deadlines differ.
Refer to UF Online and the College of Nursing website for application deadlines.
The baccalaureate program at the University of Florida College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.