About the RN to bsn program
UF Online's RN to BSN program offers a flexible, high-quality, and affordable pathway for licensed and registered nurses in Florida to earn an advanced degree in the nursing field. Our fully-online program is designed for working RNs looking to become leaders in nursing.
The RN to BSN track, offered part-time via UF Online, is designed for registered nurses who have earned an Associate Degree in Nursing.
Nurses holding an active RN license and who are currently practicing are eligible to apply. This program takes their nursing degree to the next level and prepares graduates to:
- Enter professional positions in a variety of care settings with clients of all ages from diverse populations
- Advance to a graduate degree program in nursing
Curriculum and Coursework
This fully online curriculum will provide you with the analytical and information-management skills to go further in your endeavors. With an elite UF degree, you will have the credentials to become an even greater leader in your field — delivering high-quality care to those who need it most.
- To complete the BSN, students must meet all State of Florida General Education course requirements. Students admitted to the RN to BSN program without an associate’s degree or who do not meet UF transfer admissions requirements must complete general education courses, in addition to College of Nursing RN to BSN program coursework. At the conclusion of all education requirements, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree by the University of Florida.
I really liked the flexibility UF Online allowed me to have with my schedule.
tuition and costs
UF Online ranks as the #1 most affordable online college according to AffordableCollegesOnline.org, meaning you can earn a greater degree, for less. And if you’re seeking ways to make your education even more affordable, UF has a variety of financial aid options available.
All applicants must meet the following admission criteria for the UF Online RN to BSN track:
- UF Transfer Admissions Requirements:
- An associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited program*
- A GPA of 2.8 or higher in all nursing (NUR) coursework from the ASN awarding program
- An active, unencumbered Florida RN license or enhanced licensure through the Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) by January 5th.
*In order to be eligible for the RN to BSN program, applicants must have completed an ASN degree from an NLNAC or ACEN accredited program.
Proof of enrollment in and/or completion of the following required prerequisite courses, (all with an earned grade of C or higher):
- 3 credits of Psychology, Social Psychology, or Sociology course with prefix of PSY, SOP or SYG
- 3 credits of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics course with prefix of BSC, CHM or PHY
- 4 credits of Anatomy & Physiology 1 (including a lab component)
- 4 credits of Anatomy & Physiology 2 (including a lab component)
- 3 credits of Human Growth and Development OR Developmental Psychology
- 4 credits of Microbiology (including a lab component)
- 3 credits of Human Nutrition
- 3 credits of Statistics
Important Notification: All admitted nursing students, regardless of campus status, are required to complete a background check, mandatory immunization verification (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus, Tuberculosis) , finger printing and drug screening. The College of Nursing follows CDC guidelines and adheres to the safety regulations of our clinical partners. Additionally, all students will be required to provide proof of current health insurance. Upon admission into the program, students will be provided with the steps to complete this process.
It’s never too late to pursue your passion. For Betty Alcover, 47, making the transition from the financial side to the clinical side of health care was a keen goal of hers.
Ready to apply
Students who meet the minimum criteria must complete the UF Online application prior to completing the College of Nursing application. Follow the steps below to successfully apply to the RN to BSN Program.
The UF Online application is now open for the RN to BSN Spring 2023 cycle. Preference is given to applicants who submit all application materials by Aug. 29. After Sept. 26, applications will be accepted on a space available basis.
Admissions to the UF College of Nursing, RN to BSN program is offered every spring (only). The application process for the RN to BSN track is as follows:
- Step 1: Submit the UF Online Application by the Spring Application Deadline.
- Step 2: Send official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended and any necessary test scores to the University of Florida. Please refer to the How to Apply webpage for more information.
- Step 3: Submit digital documents on your application status page.
- Complete the RN to BSN Supplemental form including:
- Upload a CV or resume
- Upload a Statement of Goals
- Complete the RN to BSN Supplemental form including:
Note: All documents required for Step 2 and 3 must be received by the University of Florida by the Spring File Completion Deadline.
Questions? Contact Us
The baccalaureate program at the University of Florida College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.