The BSN to DNP program is between 75 and 78 credits depending on the specialty track. Our curriculum focuses on the national DNP essentials and provides a clear path for development of the DNP project. All classes are online format with periodic required visits. Changes in curriculum plan may delay graduation due to pre and co-curriculum requirements.
- One day New Student Orientation.
- Three day visit during Health Assessment Course.
- Two day visit in final semester for Doctor of Nursing Practice project dissemination.
- Students in Psychiatric Mental Health track may have additional required visits.
Progression in advanced practice nursing courses requires supervised experiences with clinical preceptors in a variety of practice settings in the state of Florida. Clinical placements are arranged in collaboration with students and are based on the availability of appropriate placements. Students may be required to travel to clinical sites for these experiences. Progress in the curriculum will be delayed if students are unable to travel.
BSN to DNP program specialties
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Applicants are required to show evidence of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a college of nursing that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the US Department of Education National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity. The list of current agencies is found here: https://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/accreditation_pg5.html#health
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the upper division nursing major.
- A score of 500 or higher on each of the verbal and quantitative sections in the prior version of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test. In the current version of the GRE a minimum score of 153 in the verbal section and 144 in the quantitative section. Completion of the GRE Analytical Writing Measure is optional.
- Current licensure (or eligibility) as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Demonstrated ability in (or potential for) clinical excellence and leadership.
- Students must be either a U.S. citizen, legal U.S. resident, or hold a valid visa.
- International students or students whose native language is not English are required to pass one of the following tests with a satisfactory score of:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
- Computer-based: 213
- Paper-based: 550
- Web-based: 80
- iBT Speaking Component: 26
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS):
- Overall score: 6.5
- Speaking Component: 7
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): Overall score: 79
- Students must be either a U.S. citizen, legal U.S. resident, or hold a valid visa
Important Notification: All admitted nursing students, regardless of campus status, are required to complete a background check, mandatory immunization verification (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus, Tuberculosis) , finger printing and drug screening. Additionally, all students will be required to provide proof of current health insurance. Upon admission into the program, students will be provided with the steps to complete this process.
The application process for the BSN to DNP program is a two-part application process. All applicants are required to complete the following:
- Submit the University of Florida Professional Program Application.
- Please refer to the University of Florida Office of Admissions website for more information.
- Submit the NursingCAS application for the University of Florida BSN to DNP program.
- A statement of goals, three letters of reference, a CV or resume must be submitted with the NursingCAS application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended are submitted with the NursingCAS application.
- Any necessary test scores are submitted with the NursingCAS application.
- Please refer to the NursingCAS website for further instructions.