The UF College of Nursing offers the Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) to PhD and MSN-DNP students who intend to pursue a full-time nurse faculty position. The federal loan is cancelled through employment as nurse faculty post-graduation. This program is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), a division of the U.S. Department of Health.
- Loan can cover up to 100% of tuition and fees plus books and related educational expenses
- After graduation, up to 85% of the loan will be cancelled if you obtain a full-time educator position in an accredited nursing program within 12 months and maintain the position for 4 years
- Funding cannot be used toward general living expenses, health insurance or transportation costs
- Students must be enrolled for at least two consecutive semesters each academic year of loan support
- Students must complete the required nurse educator certificate courses (9 credits) prior to graduating from the program
- NFLP loans are made on a first-come, first-serve basis each academic year until funds are expended. Priority is given to students who do not have funding from other sources
- U.S. citizen or national of the U.S., or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and its territories
- Currently enrolled in the UF CON PhD or MSN-DNP program and in good standing
- Plan to pursue a full-time nurse faculty position upon graduation
- Have no judgment liens entered based on the default on a Federal debt, 28 U.S.C. 3201(e)
Ready to Apply?
- Download and carefully read the NFLP Statement of Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities
- Complete the NFLP Loan Application and return it to your program director:
If eligible, you will be notified to read through and sign the:
- Statement of Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities, which is required for each year of NFLP loan support
- Letter of Commitment for the initial amount funded and update of loan amounts in the NFLP Promissory Note each semester.
You will also need to update your program of study to include the required nurse educator certificate courses and return the updated form to Mailing Pauzauskie.