Not sure where to start? Research navigators can help direct your team to the right resources. Please see the table below for a list of CTSI services and contacts.
Initial consultations for all services are offered at no cost. If a study requires special or extended involvement of staff, cost may be assessed. We will discuss all available options at the first consultation.
Please contact any of the CTSI services listed below as early in the process as possible, even before you have submitted a grant proposal.
- Holly Morris, RN, MSN, CCRC, CHRC
CTSI Director of Research Services
- Bob Kolb, RN, BS, CCRC
CTSI Research Project Navigator
Design a Study
Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design
- Design a study, determine appropriate sample size and perform statistical analysis.
Citizen Scientist Program
- Assistance with engaging citizen scientists in research projects.
LibGuides for Clinical Research
- Tabs for resources, training, IRB, safety and ethics, standards and templates and professional associations.
Terry Selfe, PhD
Data Management and Software
Clinical and Translational Science – IT
- Design and develop custom applications for research.
- Capture data with this secure, web-based application.
IND, IDE Assistance
- Receive guidance on IND, IDE application and reporting requirements.
Sheila Austin, MS, CIP
- Consultation, auditing, SOP development, batch releases and training to ensure GCP, GLP and GMP.
- Receive guidance on regulatory submissions, informed consent, IRB submissions and ClinicalTrials.gov registration and compliance.
Research Participant Advocate, Ethics Consultation
- Consult an expert on clinical trials and Data Safety Monitoring Boards.
H. Robert Kolb, RN, BS, CCRC
- Assistance with developing recruitment strategies, creating recruitment materials and evaluating recruitment methods.
- Recruit participants from the community, including underrepresented populations.
Teina Phillips, MPA
Integrated Data Repository
- Access clinical data for cohort identification and recruiting, and to answer research questions.
OneFlorida Clinical Research Consortium
- Implement grant-funded research in real-world settings throughout the state.
- TaJuana Chisholm
Trial Innovation Network
- Addresses critical roadblocks in clinical research and accelerate the translation of novel interventions into life-saving therapies.
Holly Morris, MSN, RN, CCRC, CHRC
Clinical Research Center
- Facilities for outpatient and inpatient research including nursing, dietary and lab support.
Clinical Research Support Services
- Clinical research study monitoring services.
- Socorro “Tet” Pata
- Consult with experts on applying human-validated assessment measures of behavioral concomitants of disease or therapeutic interventions.
Sara Jo Nixon, PhD
- Store biological samples securely in a CAP-certified facility.
Amer S. Abouhamze
Human Imaging Core
- Use structural and functional MRI services for human subject research.
Song Lai, PhD
Center for Cellular Reprogramming
- Receive training and services for induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) derivation and related reprogramming technologies.
Center for Safety, Simulation & Advanced
- Simulate processes to promote patient safety.
Samsun Lampotang, PhD
- Design and perform genetics and pharmacogenetics studies with expert consultation.
Taimour Langaee, PhD
Southeast Center for Integrated Metabolomics
- Use metabolomics services, including mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance and bioinformatics.
Translational Drug Development Core
- Receive assistance in moving your compound from the lab toward clinical trials.
Christopher R. McCurdy, PhD, FAAPS