Not sure where to start? Research navigators can help direct your team to the right resources. Please see the table below for a list of CTSI services and contacts.
Initial consultations for all services are offered at no cost. If a study requires special or extended involvement of staff, cost may be assessed. We will discuss all available options at the first consultation.
Please contact any of the CTSI services listed below as early in the process as possible, even before you have submitted a grant proposal.
- Holly Morris, RN, MSN, CCRC, CHRC
CTSI Director of Research Services
- Bob Kolb, RN, BS, CCRC
CTSI Research Project Navigator
Design a Study
- Design a study, determine appropriate sample size and perform statistical analysis.
- Assistance with engaging citizen scientists in research projects.
- Tabs for resources, training, IRB, safety and ethics, standards and templates and professional associations.
Terry Selfe, PhD
Data Management and Software
- Design and develop custom applications for research.
- Capture data with this secure, web-based application.
- Receive guidance on IND, IDE application and reporting requirements.
Sheila Austin, MS, CIP
- Consultation, auditing, SOP development, batch releases and training to ensure GCP, GLP and GMP.
- Receive guidance on regulatory submissions, informed consent, IRB submissions and ClinicalTrials.gov registration and compliance.
- Consult an expert on clinical trials and Data Safety Monitoring Boards.
H. Robert Kolb, RN, BS, CCRC
- Assistance with developing recruitment strategies, creating recruitment materials and evaluating recruitment methods.
- Recruit participants from the community, including underrepresented populations.
Teina Phillips, MPA
- Access clinical data for cohort identification and recruiting, and to answer research questions.
- Implement grant-funded research in real-world settings throughout the state.
- TaJuana Chisholm
- Addresses critical roadblocks in clinical research and accelerate the translation of novel interventions into life-saving therapies.
Holly Morris, MSN, RN, CCRC, CHRC
- Facilities for outpatient and inpatient research including nursing, dietary and lab support.
Clinical Research Support Services
- Clinical research study monitoring services.
- Socorro “Tet” Pata
- Consult with experts on applying human-validated assessment measures of behavioral concomitants of disease or therapeutic interventions.
Sara Jo Nixon, PhD
- Store biological samples securely in a CAP-certified facility.
Amer S. Abouhamze
- Use structural and functional MRI services for human subject research.
Song Lai, PhD
- Receive training and services for induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) derivation and related reprogramming technologies.
- Simulate processes to promote patient safety.
Samsun Lampotang, PhD
- Design and perform genetics and pharmacogenetics studies with expert consultation.
Taimour Langaee, PhD
- Use metabolomics services, including mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance and bioinformatics.
- Receive assistance in moving your compound from the lab toward clinical trials.
Christopher R. McCurdy, PhD, FAAPS