- The University Writing Program (UWP) offers free individual assistance to undergraduate and graduate UF students who wish to develop their writing skills, as well as better understand the writing process. Students of all levels and disciplines are welcome.
- The UF Teaching Center offers free assistance in study skills, as well as test preparation for college classes and standardized tests such as the SAT, GRE and GMAT.
- The Dial Center also offers free help for students and faculty who wish to hone their public speaking and presentation skills
- The University Writing Program (UWP) offers free, individual tutoring for ESL students who wish to improve their writing skills.
- The Language Learning Center on campus offers free language-learning multimedia in their lab
- The Center for Academic Spoken English offers fee-based courses in oral English Language skills. Tutors may also be available for a fee.
- The English Language Institute at UF offers fee-based, English language courses aimed to improve academic reading, writing and spoken English skills. (Tutors may also be available for a fee.)
The Writing Process
- The Purdue Online Writing lab offers help with the writing process: pre-writing, developing research questions and outlines, composing thesis statements and proofreading.
- The Harvard College Writing Center aims to assist students with composing and polishing an academic paper.
- The Grammar Girl website is a great resource for rules related to English grammar and punctuation.
- The companion website to the Blue Book for Grammar and Punctuation offers many English grammar/punctuation tips.
Composing Scientific Objectives
- Bloom’s taxonomy of action verbs is a great resource for composing scientific objectives.
- The Purdue website provides general information regarding APA style.
- The APA Style Blog provides answers to more difficult questions about APA style.
American Medical Association Style
- The American Medical Association website is a good resource for AMA style rules.
- The University of Illinois also has a website devoted to AMA style.
- Endnote (Note: This is the style management system used by the UF College of Nursing.)