The Office for Research and Scholarship (ORS) makes a number of resources available to the College’s doctoral and undergraduate researchers. The staff and facilities of the ORS are available to assist students with planning, obtaining funding for, conducting, and disseminating research.
The Graduate Student Lounge located in room 2236 in the HPNP complex is available specifically for graduate student use. The Graduate Student Lounge, which is open for the use of doctoral students during business hours, has a couch, a large table and a number of study carrels. Lockers are available for day use, but students must provide their own locks. As with the rest of the HPNP complex, wireless access to the network is available.
- College of Nursing Honors Program is open to senior nursing students who have exhibited exceptional academic ability. It provides unique and challenging opportunities in research, service projects and other creative endeavors.
- University Scholars Program introduces undergraduate students to the exciting world of academic research. In the program, students work one-on-one with UF faculty on selected research projects.
- College of Nursing Guidelines for the University Scholars Program – This link provides a description of the program along with eligibility requirements, application procedures, and a list of participating faculty members.
- Student Research Achievement Awards
- McNair Scholar Program
- EMBRACE Program provides unique research and leadership opportunities for nursing students from multiple backgrounds, toward creating an inclusive environment for different viewpoints in the scholarly nursing community.
Services and Resources
General Writing Help:
- The University Writing Program (UWP) offers free individual assistance to undergraduate and graduate UF students who wish to develop their writing skills, as well as better understand the writing process. Students of all levels and disciplines are welcome.
- The UF Teaching Center offers free assistance in study skills as well as test preparation for college classes and standardized tests such as the SAT, GRE , and GMAT
Assistance for Advanced Written and Oral Communication Skills
- The UF Dial Center for Written and Oral Communication offers advanced writing help (e.g. research proposals, journal articles, dissertations, STM—scientific, technical and medical—publishing) via fee-based workshops for faculty and students. It is important to note that these workshops may be hosted by a college
Assistance for ESL Students
- The University Writing Program (UWP)offers free, individual tutoring for ESL students who wish to improve their writing skills:
- The Language Learning Center on campus offers free language-learning multimedia in their lab
- The Center for Academic Spoken English offers fee-based courses in oral English Language skills. Tutors may also be available for a fee.
- The English Language Institute at UF offers fee-based, English language courses aimed to improve academic reading, writing and spoken English skills. (Tutors may also be available for a fee.)
- The Alachua County Library offers free instruction in English language skills at various sites in Alachua County: