University of Florida
653 West 8th Street
Learning Resource Center, 3rd Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32209
Huffman teaches in the undergraduate and RN-to-BSN program, as well as clinical courses in the graduate program. She also assists in the skills lab and with inter-professional educational activities and simulations.
Huffman’s research and scholarship interests include pediatric gastroenterology, quality improvement and clinical nursing education.
Area of Expertise
Huffman’s expertise is in the area of clinical pediatric nursing. She has been certified as a primary care pediatric nurse practitioner by the Pediatric Nursing Certification board since 1996, and is recognized as a Certified Nurse Educator by the NLN.
B.S.N., University of North Florida
M.N./C.N.S. (dual track P.N.P. and C.N.S.), University of Florida
Nurse Educator Certificate (post-graduate), University of Central Florida
- Huffman, S., Jarczyk, K., Bobo, E., & Wilson, C. (2015). Comparison of weekly to daily vitamin D replacement in children with IBD. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 61 (supplement 2): S135-136.
- Brown, C. & Huffman, S. (2008). Transplant. Chapter in Clinical Handbook of Pediatric Gastroenterology. St. Louis, MO: QMP.
- Gura, K., Huffman, S., & Philichi, L. (2008). Common GI medications. Chapter in Clinical Handbook of Pediatric Gastroenterology. St. Louis, MO: QMP.
- Jarczyk, K. & Huffman, S. (2008). Failure to thrive. Chapter in Clinical Handbook of Pediatric Gastroenterology. St. Louis, MO: QMP.
- McDuffie, A. F. & Huffman, S. (2005). A survey of role diversity among Advanced Practice Nurses in Pediatric Gastroenterology. Gastroenterology Nursing, 28, 228-231.
- Huffman, S., Pieper, P., Jarczyk, K., Bayne, A., & O’Brien, E. (2004). Methods to confirm feeding tube placement: Application of research in practice. Pediatric Nursing, 30, (1):10-13.
- Young, R.J. & Huffman, S. (2003). Probiotic use in children. Journal of Pediatric Health Care,
- Huffman, S.L. (1999). Toddler’s Diarrhea. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 13: 32-33.
- Huffman, S.L., Pieper, P., Jarczyk, K.S., Jones, D., & Patray, J. (1995). An innovative model of community collaboration in pediatric nursing. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 9, 263-268.