The UF College of Nursing Student Services Team promotes the success of all students in the College of Nursing across programs, and seeks to enhance the student experience for every soon-to-be Gator Nurse!
The College of Nursing Student Services Team provides a number of support services to students throughout their program of study. Those services may include:
- Academic advising
- Peer mentoring
- Individual academic support
- Assistance with financial scholarships and awards
- Support for individual student needs and accommodations
Currently the Student Services Team is overseen by Dr. Karen Aul, Interim Assistant Dean for Student Services. Any student or faculty member wishing to request assistance are encouraged to complete the appropriate referral form available below. If you believe more urgent assistance is needed, please contact the UF Counseling and Wellness Center online or call the Crisis Support line 24/7 at 352-392-1575.
Scholarships and Awards
The University of Florida College of Nursing supports a variety of opportunities for students to earn scholarships and awards. Scholarships are available during the fall semester and during the spring semester for Accelerated BSN students. The awards are administered through the College of Nursing Office of Student Affairs. All applicants must have completed the equivalent of two semesters of full-time study in nursing to be eligible for scholarships. For a complete list of current College of Nursing Scholarships please review the information available here: College of Nursing Scholarships
Important Resources for Students
- University of Florida Counseling and Wellness Center – The UF Counseling and Wellness Center’s (CWC) mission is to foster human development in all of its diversity through compassion, empowerment, advocacy, hope, and heart. At the CWC, we embrace differences and help nurture a healthy and healing campus environment for all.
- University of Florida Disability Resource Center – The purpose of the Disability Resource Center (DRC) to is to address access barriers, which may vary from course to course. We work towards creating a campus culture of access and inclusion. Students with disabilities can connect with our office to receive support services and accommodations.
- University of Florida Career Connection Center – UF’s Career Connections Center (CCC) offers career workshops, career counseling, on-campus interviewing, internship programs, and job search assistance. Both the CCC and the UF Counseling and Wellness Center provide career counseling.
Student Organizations and Leadership Opportunities
- College of Nursing Student Organizations
- College of Nursing Student Interest Groups
- Florida Nursing Student Association
- Summer Health Professions Education Program
- Gator Nurse Student Ambassador Program