Hear from the current Co-Leader of the LGBTQ+ in nursing student interest group and DNP Student on how this leadership role makes an impact.
The goal of this inclusive student-interest group is to build a safe supportive community that affords members the opportunity to generate dialogue about professional development and leadership for LGBT+ identified nursing students and allies. This group will provide opportunities for conversation around the following aspects of LGBTQ+ nursing:
- Increasing awareness of LGBTQ+ health disparities and the intersectionality of external factors affecting health
- Fostering personal and professional growth and development for LGBTQ+ members in nursing through open, honest and respectful conversation
- Discussing challenges and triumphs that LGBT+ members in nursing face
- Learning the importance of advocating for quality health care to meet the current and future health needs of the LGBTQ+ community
- Learning about strategies for success and obtaining information about key organizations for LGBTQ+ nurses
- Facilitating strong collegial relationships between LGBTQ+ nurses and other nurses in the discipline