The Gator Nurse Ambassador Program (GNAP) consists of student volunteers from all programs (undergraduate and graduate) whose primary role is to assist the College of Nursing (CON), the Office of Communications, the Office of Advancement, and the Offices of Academic and Student Affairs in providing the following:
- Participate in recruitment programs for the CON when needed
- Host current and potential donors and prominent leaders in health care who visit the CON
- Conduct college tours
- Make thank-you calls/write thank you cards to donors
- Work with the Office of Advancement and the Office of Student Affairs on special events, such as Career Fair, Pinning Ceremony, Commencement, Donor Recognition Event, and Alumni Reunion.
Gator Nurse ambassadors serve as the CON’s premier student liaisons. They will interface with students currently enrolled in the CON programs as well as prospective students. Serving as a Gator Nurse ambassador will afford these select students the opportunity to engage in outreach activities sponsored by the CON, health care delivery partners, and the local community at large. All ambassadors are supervised by the Office of Advancement.
All University of Florida College of Nursing students (Gainesville and Jacksonville campuses) are eligible to apply for a student ambassador position.
Applications for the new ABSN cohort were collected in May, and the window for the new traditional BSN cohort were collected in June/July. Interviews are then scheduled, typically in late summer/early fall prior to notification of acceptance.
To apply to be a Gator Nurse Ambassador, you must be a current College of Nursing student. Current Gator Nurse Ambassador students will automatically renew as an ambassador unless you email us that you no longer wish to participate.
The students who wish to be selected as Gator Nurse ambassadors must complete the GNAP application, typically accepted each summer for newly incoming BSN and ABSN students. Nominations may also be submitted by the associate dean for student affairs or a faculty member. A minimum GPA of 3.25 is required for any student wishing to be considered an ambassador. Applicants must be outgoing and friendly, enjoy meeting people, and be willing to give of their time to be a part of the CON’s student leadership team.
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be courteous and professional.
- Must attend periodic general meetings
- Remain active for two consecutive semesters
- Complete at least two events per semester
- Write donor thank you cards once per semester