Gator Nurse Student Ambassador Program
The Gator Nurse Ambassador Program (GNAP) consists of student volunteers from all programs (undergraduate and graduate) whose primary role is to assist the College of Nursing (CON), the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs and the Office of Student Affairs in providing the following:
- Participate in recruitment programs for the CON when needed
- Host current and potential donors and prominent leaders in healthcare that visit the CON
- Conduct Campus/College tours
- Make Thank you calls to donors
- Work with the Office of Development & Alumni Affairs and the Office of Student Affairs on special events, such as Career Day, Annual Pinning Ceremony, White Coat Ceremony, Graduation BBQ and Reunion
Gator Nurse Student Ambassadors serve as the CON’s premier student liaisons. They will interface with students currently enrolled in the CON programs as well as prospective students. Serving as a Gator Nurse Ambassador will afford these select students the opportunity to engage in outreach activities sponsored by the CON, health care delivery partners, and the local community at-large. All ambassadors are supervised by the Office of Public Relations and Alumni Affairs and the Office of Academic and Student Affairs.
The students selected as Gator Nurse Ambassadors must complete the GNAP application. Nominations may also be submitted by the Associate Dean for Student Affairs or a faculty member. A minimum GPA of 3.25 is required for any student wishing to be considered as an Ambassador. Applicants must be outgoing and friendly, enjoy meeting people, and be willing to give of their time to be a part of the CON’s student leadership team.
- Must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be courteous and professional.
- Must attend periodic general meetings
- Remain active for two consecutive semesters
- Complete at least two events per semester
- Write donor thank you cards once per semester
Anna Suggs Hoffman
Interim Associate Director of Development & Alumni Affairs
UF College of Nursing
P.O. Box 100197
Gainesville, FL 32610