The College of Nursing aspires to be a model of excellence, recognized nationally and internationally, for innovative education, dynamic programs of research and creative approaches to practice. We are committed to preparing nurses as practitioners and scientists who reflect and care for a diverse society, and to fostering interdisciplinary approaches to address the complexity of health care.
- The College of Nursing (CON) is consistently ranked in the top 10 percent of all graduate degree-awarding nursing schools in the nation.
- Florida’s B.S.N. graduating class is among the largest in the state each year, and graduates consistently exceed state and national pass rates on the NCLEX-RN licensure exam.
- UF has pioneered many innovative nursing education models due to the spirit of leadership within the faculty. For example, the UF CON established the first nurse practitioner program in Florida, the first B.S.N.-to-Ph.D. track in Florida, as well as the first Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
- Florida is the only college of nursing in Florida affiliated with a top-ranked Association of American Universities (AAU) university.
- Excellent students – Currently the average GPA for B.S.N. graduates is between 3.5 and 3.6, and 70 percent of students pursue graduate education within three years of earning their B.S.N.
- The CON is ranked in the top 50 graduate programs by U.S. News and World Report.
- UF is ranked among the Top 10 of public universities by U.S. News and World Report.