As part of the college's renewed strategic plan and commitment to supporting faculty and staff development, several new awards have been designed to bring meaningful recognition to our work.
Any faculty member, staff member, student or alumnus may submit a nomination. The nomination itself requires just the name and email of the nominee. Self-nominations are encouraged (except for the Commitment to Excellence Staff Award and Care, Lead and Inspire Awards).
Upon submission, the nominee receives an email notification and a website link to submit required additional information online. The nominee is responsible for ensuring that all materials are uploaded by the deadline.
Nominations are now closed.
Completer your nomination now.
Complete your nomination packet.
Internal College Awards
The Innovation Award recognizes an innovation (something new or a new approach) that advances the CON in any one (or more) of its tri-partite mission (teaching, research, or practice). Up to four awards may be given annually: teaching, research, practice and/or service. Faculty and staff are eligible to receive an award. Ways to achieve the innovation could include at least one of the following:
- Educational/curricular interventions
- Programmatic changes
- A product/device/application
- A detailed quality improvement process.
- A new collaboration or community partnership
- An innovative methodology
- A clinical or practice change
The Impact Award recognizes the impact of scholarly work through dissemination beyond the college, including the scholarship of discovery, teaching or practice. One award to be given annually to a faculty member. The impact of the scholarly work could be supported by the following:
- Impact factor/readership
- Wide dissemination
- Uptake in media (social media, local/national press)
Commitment to Excellence Staff Award
The Commitment to Excellence Staff Award is presented to a staff member who meets the criteria below. One award to be given annually.
- Be employed as a staff member by UF CON for a minimum of two years on the date the nomination is submitted.
- Consistently demonstrates excellence in the performance of their job responsibilities.
- Consistently exhibits a superb and ongoing high level of service to their customers.
- Consistently produces the highest quality of work product.
- Performed a significant and exceptional role in the completion of a high impact project or initiative.
- This employee is invested in the overall success and mission of the CON. The recipient has the aptitude, confidence and a desire to grow and consistently demonstrates qualities inherent to great leadership.
Care, Lead, and Inspire Award
The Care, Lead and Inspire Award is presented to a faculty and staff member who exemplify our college motto. Two awards to be given annually. One award to a faculty member and one award to a staff member.
Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Award
The Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Award reflects the college’s mission of working with and for diverse communities as educators, clinicians/scientists, and advocates for diverse and inclusive nursing education. The Diversity and Inclusion Award recognizes faculty’s leading role in advancing diversity, inclusion, and sustainability in the College of Nursing and/or in the profession. One award to be given annually to a faculty member.
- Nominees should demonstrate excellence in teaching, research and/or service.
- Faculty can self-nominate or can be nominated by a colleague.
Other College Awards
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune SYstem) Award is an international recognition program that honors and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses provide every day.
- Nominees should be nurse faculty member who is making a real difference in clinical education of our UF undergraduate students.
- The 2023 nominations are now closed. Thank you to those who nominated! Winners will be announced at the spring pinning ceremony.